Get the Massage Therapy You Need
Get Massage Therapy Sessions From Our Licensed Chiropractors
Whether you’ve been suffering from pain caused by strains, whiplash, or a recent auto accident, massage therapy performed by one of our chiropractors can work wonders. Beyond that, massage treatment also helps with relaxation and cultivates general wellness.
The practice of massage therapy goes back thousands of years to ancient cultures that have used its power for medical benefits. Along with general chiropractic care like Dr. Thomas provides, massage has gained massive momentum over the last 50 years. Public demand and popularity has soared because of its natural healing properties and minimal side effects.
Before you determine that massage from our chiropractors is right for your needs, it’s paramount to know what the therapy actually entails. In general, massage consists of pressing, rubbing, and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Patients, when they decide on massage therapy, can choose anything from light stroking to deep pressure massage.
Here are several common massage types:
- Swedish massage – This form of massage is more gentle way to relax and energize you. It uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration, and some tapping techniques.
- Deep massage – Patients usually receive deep massage from chiropractors if they’ve experienced muscle damage from injuries. This technique uses slower, more forceful strokes so our specialists can target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue.
- Sports massage – As you may have guessed, this massage treatment is often geared toward athletes to help prevent or treat injuries incurred while playing sports.
- Trigger point massage – This treatment focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles due to injuries or overuse.
Benefits of Massage
Many people believe that over-the-counter pain medicines are the easiest way to feel better when you’re in pain. Regrettably, the harmful side effects of OTC pain medicines may outweigh that temporary pain relief they get. Getting that pain relief without having to turn to OTC medicine is one of the main reasons more and more patients are turning to massage therapy from our chiropractors. In addition, massage therapy can help improve posture, increase circulation, and of course, reduce pain and muscle tension. Here are some additional ailments massage treatment can help with:
- Digestive disorders
- Stress-related insomnia
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
That being said, massage therapy may not be the best choice for everyone. Make sure to discuss the potential risks of massage treatment with your doctor before you start. Massage may not be appropriate if you have:
- Bleeding disorders or take any sort of blood-thinning medication
- Burns or healing wounds
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Severe osteoporosis
- Severe thrombocytopenia
In addition, if you are pregnant or have cancer, you should also speak with your doctor prior to starting massage treatment.
Get Massage Therapy at Thomas Chiropractic Center
Our wellness center is proud to offer 30, 60, and 90 minute massage therapy sessions from our chiropractors. Each session is customized to fit the needs of our patients once an initial consultation has been conducted with Dr. Thomas to determine the best course of action for treatment. Do you think you could potentially benefit from massage? Whether you’re seeking a safer alternative to back pain treatment or you simply want to relax and unwind, contact Thomas Chiropractic Center today and book your initial consultation.